Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Greatest Cycling Movie Ever?

Last night, out of sheer boredom, I had the 'opportunity' to watch the old movie classic Pee-wee's Big Adventure.  Funny thing was I had never really took notice of this movie when I watched it as a young boy for the first time many years ago.  I've even forgotten what the movie was about.  I may have even fallen asleep while watching it as I don't really recall the plot.  It certainly did not stick to my memory like more popular movies of that generation such as The Goonies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, or Back to the Future and the likes.  However, as I watch this movie from beginning to end this time around, it has captured me and had my full interest.  It seemed as if I was watching it for the very first time.  I was engulfed however lame some parts of it were.  Based around the theft of Pee-wee's beloved bicycle and his 'big adventure' endured in the quest of getting it back.  It was hilarious, it was corny, it was stupid, it was brilliant, it was traumatic, it was fun etc. etc. etc.  What more could one ask for?  I guess what drew me in to accept, respect, love this movie is that I am a Born-Again Cyclist.  For anyone out there who loves bikes, this is certainly one movie to check out... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment