Friday, November 25, 2011

First Ski Day of the Season and a Test of my Ankle

Last March, a bad skiing injury ended my season and kept me off my bike for a few months.  Ligament damage was the diagnosis from a failed landing off a big jump on icy conditions.  The injury has limited my ankle strength and has affected my cycling for almost 8 months.  I am glad to say that on my first day of skiing this season, my ankle feels fully healed.  I had no lingering pains or signs of weaknesses.  I believe all the cycling through the summer helped with the rehabilitation.  Now I just have to play smart and not kill myself again this time around.  I don't want any more excuses that would get in the way of my cycling plans for next year.

1 comment:

  1. My skiing incident that had me injured for the better part of 8 months http://whereareyougoingwhatareyoulookingfor.blogspot.com/2011/03/ski-day-and-another-possible-major.html

    ReplyDelete